Seven Benefits of Zinc Oxide in Make Up
26 June 2018
Zinc Oxide have a lots of benefits for human life. The most unique benefits of Zinc Oxide is for becoming one of the cosmetics ingredients. As many people knew that Zinc Oxide is an inorganix oxide, it is a fluffy white powder which have a mineral element. In makeup it is used primarily as a colorant and a sunscreen agent.
People may not aware about this benefit, but in a fact Zinc Oxide have seven powerful benefits for makeup, such as :
1. Anti-Inflammatory. There is virtually no risk of skin irritation from Zinc Oxide.
2. Healing for rosacea & acne
4. The broadest spectrum UVA, UVB & UVC absorber that is approved for use as a sunscreen by the FDA. It offers protection from the sun by sitting on top of the skin scattering and absorbing the harmful rays, both UVA & UVB.
5. Beneficial in reducing pre-mature aging of the skin & skin cancer due to it’s broad spectrum sunscreen.
6. It is insoluble in water which gives it the lovely ability of staying on your skin even while swimming and sweating.
7. Because of its healing properties, it has been used to treat diaper rash, minor burns, and other minor skin irritations for years.
The interesting one is Zinc Oxide mixed with titanium dioxide to work well in tandem to bring skin sun protection and excellent coverage. For additional information, Titanium dioxide is a metal oxide with highly opaque mineral pigment. It is found in earth’s crust and forms a mineral UV-A and UV-B filter in addition to its properties as a pigment colorant. It has very high refraction properties which helps to reflect light away from the skin, making it one of the best sunscreens. Zinc Oxide and titanium dioxide work as a makeup ingredients to make skin more covered and health.